Thornhill Child Care Society operates an Alberta Education funded and approved E.C.S./Kindergarten program within the child care centre. Children are eligible to attend Kindergarten if they turn 5 on or before December 31 of that school year. In addition to Kindergarten, we also provide access to Mild/Moderate and Program Unit Funding (PUF) for children who have been assessed as having delays or disabilities. This unique program offers many benefits to children including:
- Maximum class size of 20.
- Qualified Teacher and full-time Teaching Assistant.
- On-going evaluation, report cards and parent teacher interviews.
- Access to specialists including speech-language, occupational and physio therapists, psychologist, etc.
- Parent-run Board of Directors, with parental involvement encouraged.
- Educational centres targeted towards specific skill development.
- On-site child care available for after class and on non-school days provided by trained Early Childhood Educators.
- Field trip experiences, in-class guests and special activities, including swimming lessons.
- Strong Literacy focus.
Program registration is on-going, with classes starting in September of each year.